Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM

I'm not inclined to do it any particular way, just trying to make it work and hopefully in such a way that if I reinstall SD later I won't be scratching my head again trying to remember how to configure it again to do this.

I do notice however, when I manually launch your Copy Job.app inside the scheduled bundle, it is actually mounting the volume automatically without calling a pre script. I don't know why that doesn't happen normally when your scheduler launches it, but for some reason if I am able to launch it with the IMMEDIATE=yes from the command line, then the backup volume does get auto mounted.

However, when I tried to create a scheduled Copy Job without an actual schedule as you suggested, the Copy Job.app didn't get created. Its creates the bundle for it, but inside is only a Logs folder and sdss file.

The preferable solution would be to figure out why your Copy Job auto mounts when called immediate and fix it so that it will work when scheduled too. Next favorite solution is to have me schedule it myself to call your Copy Job.app IMMEDIATE=yes, but that only works if I can figure out how to even create that without also creating a SD schedule for it. The least favorite option in some ways is modifying the copy script because every time I change the schedule I will have to go in there and manually tweak that script. If I put it in the template then it would be good forever, as long as I'm always backing up to the same volume for everything. But all of those get lost if I reinstall SD. Fixing Copy Job.app to automount right is preferable solution.