Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2006, 07:38 PM

Okay, wise-ass mode officially off.

From what everyone seems to be saying, am I safe in assuming that this issue does not occur on PPC systems running 10.4.8?

(I actually still haven't updated to .8. I've heard of other oddities regarding its installation and am holding out.)

BTW, what Dave mentioned earlier as a possible/worth a try solution regarding using the Combo Updater reminded me to put in my 2¢... ALWAYS download and use the combo updater from Apple. Never (if at all possible) let Software Update just do it for you. Maybe I'm paranoid or overly cautious, but regularly advising about 15 friends on what to do when their Macs get funky I usually find that they let Software Update run rampant like a streaker at a soccer game.

And while we're here, let me shed a little sunshine on Dave and SuperDuper!

I came across a blog on the 'net that was linked from one of today's articles on MacFixIt:

http://blog.plasticsfuture.org/2006/...tware-harmful/

This article (the blog) essentially is a thorough, independent test of what looks like all of the available GUI driven backup solutions for the Mac. They are rated from Highly Recommended to Avoid At All Cost.

ONE title was given the highly coveted "Highly Recommended" recommendation (along with a side note that it does everything right and nothing it shouldn’t do).

And that software was... Mitch Cummstien, my college roommate...
Sorry, had a Chevy Chase/CaddyShack flashback there for a second.

And that software was SD! No other software scored as high. So keep swingin' (in every sense of the word), Dave. And don't worry folks... if there's a fix to be found before Apple gets around to it, Dave and the crew at Shirt Pocket will find it.

crooner - the singing geek