Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 03:14 PM

Ignore folder on target disk?

Is this possible?

In CarbonCopyCloner there's the built in feature that any folder created at the root level of the disk or volume you are cloning too is always ignored, and so won't be overwritten or amended by the clone operation.

I know SD has many more options than CCC and the 'different' and 'new' scripts will allow files to be preserved on the target volume, but I'm not sure that is going to work well in my situation.

I want to keep a perfect bootable clone of my main system but temporarily (while I'm travelling and while my usual file storage backup volume is chock-a-block full) I'd like to put a few files on the clone drive and store them there.

But if I use the 'different' or 'new' scripts there's the likelihood that my clone will not be bootable, and certainly won't be identical to my main drive.

Does this make sense? Not sure I've explained it too well