Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 AM

Truncated SuperDuper! Window?

I have SD! set to automatically backup every night. Usually, it begins by opening its window indicating its initial phase, "1. Prepare to Copy Files" on a green-stripe background, and proceeds with its brief preparation activities before launching into actual copying. When copying begins, it then shows the name of that phase (I don't recall the name, but it's also shown on a green-stripe background), and a progress bar appears, along with the copying details (number of files to be copied, how many have been examined, how many have been copied,...etc.).

Tonight, however, that didn't happen: After SD! finished the preparation phase, it didn't reveal the copying/progress phase. The elapsed time showed in the lower right-hand corner of the SD! window, and the details of its progress appeared in the log, both as they usually do; but the section in the SD! window that normally appears to show those details simply never appeared.

SD! quit after completing its backup. I opened it again to review the complete log (CMD-L), but it provided the log from six days ago, not the current one. I then checked the folder ~Library/Application Support/SuperDuper!/Saved Settings/.Default Settings.sdsp/Logs, but found that it doesn't contain any log files more recent than that one.

What happened??

Last edited by Nick; 09-06-2009 at 03:14 AM.