Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2007, 01:55 PM

I now updated my main volume to the latest Mac OS (10.4.10) and there's no problem with FruitMenu. The problem is only on the Sandbox volume.

What's going on here? Anybody else seeing this?

Remember, the problem is only when on Sandbox partition, and when a folder in the FruitMenu menu is EMPTY. FruitMenu does not show the grayed out "Empty Folder" info but tries to find something, then Finder crashes.

I'm on a G4 dual 500MHz and use the latest FruitMenu 3.64. My main system comes from an attached FireWire 400 drive with about 45GB of space left. The sandbox partition is on the same drive and has about 10GB space left. The name of my main drive consists of no international characters (name is "Factory"). The name of my Sandbox partition is "Sandbox Factory". My home folder has 755 and all folders inside have 700 as permissions (except of course "Sites" and "Public"). Owner is yours truly and Group is set to admin. My account is an admin account.

So why is the problem?? The problem should be easy to be reproduced. Can anybody verify -- Is it just me?!

-Martin

PS: I tried to install FruitMenu for "all users" but this did NOT help. It's really strange. Because for example when I create a new user on the Sandbox partition and then install FruitMenu for only that new user it also works FINE. Therefore I conclude that the "path" is somewhat the problem -- so i put the ball in Dave's court -- I have contacted Unsanity too however.

Last edited by mypointofview; 06-26-2007 at 04:34 PM.