Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:57 AM

Copy Fails - "ditto: can't get real path for source"??

I just tried running SuperDuper to create a clone of my primary hard drive to my designated 'Clone' drive, and for the first time in years of running this particular clone job, I have started getting a strange error.

Basically I am trying to clone my 'Macintosh HD' boot drive to an external drive entitled "Macintosh HD Clone" (creative name, huh?). What follows is the error message portion of the log file that is generated after SuperDuper reports that the copy job has failed:

Quote:
| 01:14:39 AM | Info | WARNING: Caught I/O exception(2): No such file or directory
| 01:14:39 AM | Info | WARNING: Source: /Applications/SmartBackup.app/Contents/CodeResources, lstat(): 0
| 01:14:39 AM | Info | WARNING: Target: /Volumes/Macintosh HD Clone/Applications/SmartBackup.app/Contents/CodeResources, lstat(): -1
| 01:14:39 AM | Info | Attempting to copy file using copyfile().
| 01:14:39 AM | Info | Attempting to copy file using ditto.
| 01:14:40 AM | Error | ditto: can't get real path for source
I am currently booted off of the Macintosh HD drive that I am attempting to clone. Also, I've always successfully used the 'Smart Backup' routine, but once this error started happening, I figured it would be worth a try to attempt to use the 'Erase, then copy' routine... unfortunately the same error message is generated even then...

I have no idea why this just started happening and I have no idea how to go about fixing this issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional details to further explain this problem.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
The SmartBackup application -- whatever that is -- looks to be damaged. Specifically, its "CodeResources" folder, in the application bundle, is a bad link/alias.

I'd remove that application, empty your trash and give it another try.