Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 AM

Superduper seems to change "ignore ownership on this volume".Help

I have a family iphoto library and all our movies on a media external firewire drive that superduper backs up every 2nd day to an external usb drive. I use smartupdate, and it has been working fairly well, except 2 things.

The first is that superduper removes my selection to ignore ownership on this volume, and this seems to be causing some problems with other users logging in to the iphoto library or starting movies with dvd player. Is there some setting I am missing to NOT have superduper change this after every backup? It may be obvious, but I am missing it...

Second is more problematic. I notice every so often that my CPU is at 100% even when no applications are running and all the users are logged out except for myself. When I go into Activity Monitor the process that is causing the problem is an "applet". When I select Open Files and Ports, it says it is superduper. This problem has been around since I migrated an old user account. Any idea how to fix this CPU issue? Cheers!