Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2020, 07:38 PM

backup of system data volume will not mount

I have an external drive partitioned into two APFS volumes (but only 1 container). I ran SuperDuper! to clone my laptop Catalina (10.15.7) system drive to one of the partitions on the external drive.

SD seemed to whirr away just fine, and terminated normally. I watched it while it was working, and both the system and data portions of the laptop boot volume seemed to be copied, and the SD log seems to confirm this. BUT, only the system volume and the existing other volume mount on my desktop; the system data volume does NOT mount.

I'm attaching screenshots of my desktop showing only two volumes, and also a screenshot of Disk Utility, which clearly shows that there are 3 volumes on the target drive, AND that the target system data volume is mounted. In case it is helpful, I'm also attaching the SD log file from the copy job.

I did try rebooting, which didn't change things. I also unmounted the target system data volume in Disk Utility and mounted it again, but it still didn't appear on my desktop. It also doesn't appear in a Finder window if I go to the topmost level.

If I do a ls /volumes command in terminal, I see the volume, so it's obviously there. So why doesn't it show up on the desktop or in Finder?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-09-28-MB_SD1.jpg (65.2 KB, 3579 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-09-28-MB_SD2.jpg (87.7 KB, 3598 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SuperDuper-log.txt (44.5 KB, 5666 views)