Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2009, 08:17 AM

Thanks for replying. I appreciate the assistance.

I am not terribly comfortable in terminal...I need to do something about that. Here is what presently shows with your terminal command: -rw-r--r-- 2 root wheel. Here is what showed in one of the error messages: -rw-r--r-- 1 0 0.

Just what should be manipulated if there is an error? In other words, what is "correct" and how do you decide?

In retrospect, I may not have run DW on the backup as the reason I was using the backup drive was that there were some big problems with the primary drive and I am reasonably certain that I ran DW on that drive. Note: I have a separate Boot/Applications drive and data drive. (By the way, the primary boot drive finally rolled over belly up.)

Although I hope that I do not encounter this in the future, I will certainly run DW to see and then dive into terminal. I was pleased that running the Combo Update seems to have resolved the problem without having to go through either an archive and install or a clean install.

Thanks again!

Tags
hfs meta data metadata