Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Clean Install OS X - which libraries and plists do I need to copy?

Hi all,

I'll be moving to a new Mac (27" iMac) as my primary workhorse soon and for various reasons want to do a clean install of OS X in order not to carry over lots of trash that accumulated over time from my current OS install on my MacBook Pro. Thus I opted for a clean install rather than a migration via migration assistant. Also I'll be trashing apps that I haven't used for a certain period of time.

One of the first apps I'll be installing is SuperDuper!. In order to keep all copyscripts that I've set up as well as the apps overall settings I'd like to copy the respective application scripts and plist files (and whatever else is needed) from my current harddrive to the new machine. The main drive on the new machine will be named the same and my backup-drive won't change.

While I'm currently still on Leopard (10.5.8 ) I'll be moving to its successor Snow Leopard (10.6.6) on the new machine.

Could anyone please point me to SuperDuper!'s library-, script- and/or plist-files (etc.) that I will have to move over in order to basically keep going from where I left? Is there anything I'll have to specifically consider regarding the OS upgrade?

Thanks a lot!

Jo