Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Question Please HELP my Brain w/ Plain English and "...files will be replaced..."

Hi All ---

i have no idea why i cant understand plain english.

i've read the guide, but not sure i'm understanding correctly. i know its simple but - duh.

i have files on my external Lacie drive. I cannot partition this drive without erasing/losing everything already saved there - no sweat, there is loads of room for a Disk Image of my Powerbook HD to backup to. I dont need to boot from this - i just want a full backup of my P.B. that is going in for repair.

I want to copy all of my Mac HD to the drive, and then save cumulatively from then on. i.e. keeping past copies, just adding to the mass that is already there. I do not want to replace, delete, erase or overwrite anything. I want to continue to ADD to my 'older version/save as' files.

does that make sense? i understand "...new files will be copied; no files will be removed..." but whats with the "...files will be replaced..."?

I'm pretty sure i need to select 'Copy Newer Files' from the 'During Copy' drop-down menu in 'Options' --- only it describes that "...files already on (ext. HD name) that are older than the equivalent file on Mac HD will be replaced..." -- but with what?

"...files already on (ext. disk name) that are older than the equivalent file on Mac HD will be replaced..."

i've read it loads of times....why dont i understand this? I want to keep all the old rubbish thats in there!

shirt pocket citizens, HELP!

uh thnx in adv.

cheers ,

J.