Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2007, 03:29 AM

paid attention a little too late

I had been backing up my leopard install to a firewire drive as a sparseimage.
I hadnt had any problems so I never really needed to test it, and quite honestly, I haven't even been to the site to check out whats going on w/SD.
I lost my main harddrive last night. I have already replaced it with a new unit. Its just now that after I use the leopard install disk, and then disk utility(mount the sparse) and then use disk util restore to restore the leopard sparse and reboot that I obviously now know that my system doesn't boot.

I thought about installing a fresh copy and then using sudo commands from the cli and just copying * from the mounted sparse image to the new leopard install, but for some reason it just got all jacked up.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this, or is my sd created sparseimage of my leopard install just never going to be able to be restored from. What I'm asking, is the sparse image been created faulty, or is it that I need to use like CCC to restore the image to the internal hard-drive?

I actually am semi new to the mac, is it possible to just mount the sparse image and just copy the applications and user directories and restore everything this way?

I also have another usb disk with leopard install on it I can boot, so that my laptop internal is not used during booting if that helps.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

John

Last edited by septicdeath; 12-31-2007 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Spelling