Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2005, 03:45 PM

Script to copy only certain files

I'm currently evaluating SD, and trying to determine if it's capable of a backup task I'm trying to accomplish.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
I have a drive with hundreds of folders of CD projects (each folder has a CD image, an .ai or .tif file of the artwork, and another small file used by the duplicator software). These folders are grouped under the year of creation in a top level folder called CD Projects.
A sample folder would be HardDrive/CD Projects/2004/Project27/

I would like to be able to backup only the artwork (.ai and .tif) files to a separate disk. The CD images take up too much room (so I keep physical CDs of each) and the dup files are useless if they're moved due to annoying limitations of the duplicating software, so I don't need to back those up.

I tried writing an SD script that was based on the tutorial in the manual, basically two ignore commands and two copy commands, like so:
ignore *
ignore .*
copy CD Projects*/*/*.ai
copy CD Projects*/*/*.tif

I realized too late that the evaluation version of SD doesn't have this functionality, so I can't test it myself. So my question, I guess, is two part: 1. can SD do this? and 2. am I going about it the right way?

TIA for the help. Feel free to point me to an FAQ if I missed it - I looked through the forums before posting and read the manual, but can't find enough to figure it out myself.