Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2008, 06:30 PM

Tiger to Leopard

I couldn’t find anything that quite addressed this, so I hope you’ll bear with me if I somehow just missed it.

Anyway, I’ve used Super Duper for about two years and it’s always worked just fine. Now, I’ve upgraded my iMac (Intel) to Leopard from Tiger after first ensuring that my Tiger clone booted and worked fine. It did.

My question: Now that I’ve been on Leopard for about a week and all seems to be going well, I want to run my first Leopard back up to the same clone that currently has Tiger on it. Can I just run my smart clone as always and feel confident that it’ll overwrite my previous Tiger clone and that afterward my clone will be Leopard bootable? (That’s what I’ve done every other time I upgraded, but still, I’ve read so many horror stories about Leopard that I’m a little nervous.)

Anyway, I assume it would take a long time since so much has changed in the operating system itself, but I can live with that. (And no, I’m not using Time Machine and don’t plan to.)

Thanks! With Leopard working well, I’m ready to get back into my routine back-up scheme using Super Duper. Any tips or advice appreciated.