Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2005, 11:56 PM

HELP..>Can't find backup !

I bought Super Duper last week when I started to notice trouble with my eMac...cloned the drive last week and then everything failed last night. Before everything stopped, I did an update to my backup on the firewire drive, thinking that by checking update only files that had been changed, it would leave the main bootable backup alone an just do the updated files.

I tried to boot to the firewire and I couldn't, took the drive to a friends and plugged it into their Mac to look at the contents. There was only 9GB of data from 30 Gigs of my main drive, and alot of aliases for the main programs.

So I tried to install OS 10.3 on the backup drive so I can boot from it again, and it brings me to the login screen with my username for the computer. But, my username and password don't work and I can't log onto the firewire drive. ( BTW the original backup was made in 10.4...but I only had the 10.3 restore disks handy to reload the OS )

Can anyone help me out? How do I access those backup files to see what I have on the drive and what I may have lost....?

CJ