Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 PM

Happy story from a happy user

Since we all sometimes tend to speak out only when something bad happens when we buy a product, I thought I'd share a quick story with a happy ending.

SD just saved my ass this weekend. I've been backing up my G4 Mini running off a 160GB firewire external drive to a second 250GB firewire external drive. I run incremental backups every day at 5:00 am. It's a good thing too, because I tried to wake my computer from sleep, and all I got was a spinning beach ball and a dead boot drive. Full restart, and all I got was click-click-click from my main drive. I unhooked the enclosure with the bad drive, rebooted everything, and started my Mac from the bootable backup. No hassles, and only a couple minutes of downtime.

Now it's time to buy another (bigger) backup drive and start using my (old) backup drive as my (new) primary drive. Couldn't be easier. Try doing THAT on a Windows PC. Having bootable backups is fantastic!

Thanks for a great product!

PS: everyone might want to avoid Samsung hard drives. I have bought 3 160GB Samsung drives and all 3 have now failed within 18 months of purchase.