Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 09:08 PM

New user: Which one first -- SuperDuper or Time Machine

I am new to the mac world, and I am planning to use SuperDuper and Time Machine to back up my macbook Pro. Here is my question.

I have Leopard installed. I want to create an image before I upgrade to Tiger. I have already created a sparse image on an external drive.

When I upgrade to Tiger, can I set Time Machine to use the external drive without erasing the sparse image? Do I need to copy the sparse image to the hard drive, tell SuperDuper not to back it up, and then copy it back to the external drive when the upgrade is complete?

I will have to create a new sparse file, of course, when the Tiger upgrade is complete.

I am also guessing that the sparse file is probably the best way to go?

Thanks,
David