Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2004, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to ted_pearlman Send a message via Yahoo to ted_pearlman
Thanks, Dave, for the quick response.

Follow up...

Question 1:

So, if I make a safety clone with the "Safety clone – shared users and applications" option, I only need room on the backup safety partition for everything OTHER than the user folders and applications folder, right?

Quesiton 2:

I'm leaning toward building my PB12 the old-fashioned way, piece by piece, rather than copying the contents of my PB17 verbatim. This is not because I'm worried about using SD, but rather because I'm not so proud of the condition of the files on my 17, and not sure I want to "infect" my new 12 with those problems.

Are there specific folders outside the user folder, such as Root\Library, which would be good to copy verbatim from the old machine to the new? I want to cut down on re-entering registration/serial number info but I don't want to jeapordize the integrity of my newly installed system.

Question 3:

Since most of what I care about backing up is in my user folder, the safety clone mode won't be backing that up. If I use the "Backup – all files" to make a full backup is there any way to do incremental (changes only) backup to that full backup instead of having to do a full backup every time? I couldn't quite figure this out from the documentation, but, again, the problem is probably me.

Thanks again,

Ted in Denver