Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2006, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsl
[An aside -- I think this "firelite" disk comes with a simple version of "bounce back" which is probably something of a competitor to SuperDuper. I must say that I was never tempted to try something different from SuperDuper because SuperDuper works so well. And I don't even use half of the capabilities of SuperDuper, all I do is manually perform clones and then manually do Smart Update once per day. However the "firelite" disk itself works quite well for cloning purposes.]
In order to get a version of Bounce Back that will create a bootable drive is going to require purchasing a more expensive full version. Much more expensive than Super Duper!

I tried it and things got very confusing quickly. Trashed it. IIRC, there were cool things that looked slick and were not neccessary to creating a simple easy to use back u and bootable clone.
I also tried Retrospect and could never get it working right.
I read some revues of Dantz retrospect, by skilled users and apparently they pointed out problems from the various versions and a making a bootable copy.

It seems very important to have the same complete bootable version that was used when backing up, too be able to work in an emergency. Retrospect reviews gave me the impression that there were some flaws, where it might not work as a bootable clone when really needed. Check out the revues first.

And of course, support is what it's all about. SD support is not only good, it's fun! And I think my bald patch is showing hair regrowth too, possibly from using super duper