Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 PM

Two sparseimages created for a single backup - why?

I have my SD configured to backup my entire Macbook Pro hard drive as well as a portion of my first external drive to another external drive. My problem lies with the second half.

I have Super Duper set up to run a Smart Update on a single directory on my first external drive to the second drive. On first run, everything runs great, and I end up with a 22GB sparseimage - exactly the size of that directory on the source drive. However on second run it seems to create an entirely new sparseimage somewhere on the drive - taking up another full 22GB. All runs following that take 10 seconds and do not take up extra space on my drive. Running disk utility shows that along with the expected sparseimage file, there is a second sparseimage file in the trash on my backup drive:

/Volumes/Backup/.Trashes/501/Raptor_Backup 10-29-47.sparseimage

I tried going into Terminal and finding this file to no avail, even under su access.

Surely superduper doesn't need to have twice the amount of space available for a given backup job?

Last edited by necroflux; 01-16-2007 at 11:48 PM.