Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Unhappy

Thanks, Dave. I took your advice and here's where I'm at now - OS X is complaining about two updates that can't be installed: "The digital signature is incorrect. The package may have been tampered with or corrupted since being signed by Apple."

Here are the steps I've performed:

1. Previously erased the original startup disk (Quad Hitachi) through Disk Utility.
2. SmartCloned the startup disk (iMac Seagate) to a LaCie Firewire drive.
3. Installed OS X 10.4.2 (note .2) to the Quad Hitatchi drive in bay 1 from the Power Mac G5 install discs that came with the Quad.
4. Ran the migration assistant at the end of completion to migrate data from the iMac Seagate disk in bay 2 to the Quad Hitachi drive in bay 1.
5. Ran Software Update to update to 10.4.3. A few updates including 10.4.3 would not install.
6. Ran Software Update for everything that would install, then tried 10.4.3 update again. No joy. Tried again using MacOSXUpdateCombo10.4.3.dmg I had previously downloaded manually. This seemed to work fine.
7. Ran Software Update again - only two updates remain:
AirPort Update 2005-01, version 1.0, 1.4 MB
Security Update 2005-009, version 1.0, 5.9 MB
When I try installing these updates I receive the security update error reported at the beginning of this email.

No software updates were pending with the operating system installed on the iMac Seagate drive. Any ideas?

Update: I opted to try 2005-01, restart; 2005-009; restart. These installed properly and no updates are pending!

Any recommendations as to whether I should use the smaller, Seagate or larger, Hitatchi drive as my system and main drive? I'm thinking I should use the smaller Seagate drive as the main and system drive. If so should I use SD2 to erase or SmartUpdate the Seagate drive now that the Hitachi drive is the "most correct" drive?

Is there any effect on performance if a drive is the first or second unit of the SATA controller?

Last edited by Piggy; 01-05-2006 at 02:02 PM.