Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > netTunes > General

Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 AM

How can I add tracks to my iTunes server across the network?

I have NetTunes configured on our server and it works fine, everyone on the network can access the iTunes server window and select which set of speakers to play out of using Airport Express...brilliant.

In prefs/advanced I have configured the iTunes server not to use the default iTunes folder but an attached external drive as we have 50gig of music which is too big for the system disc. Now here's the problem...I want any of the guys on the network to be able to add a new track to the iTunes server from their own Mac, I thought NetTunes would allow this by simply dragging the track into the window across the network but it seems one can only play tracks. At the moment we have to go over to the server and add the track. We're not being lazy it's just the server is located in a different room.

Any help appreciated.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Glad you're enjoying netTunes!

Unfortunately, drag-and-drop track addition is a difficult problem, because I'd have to fake an awful lot of complex behavior that could change from version to version. It's something I'll consider for a future release, though.

However, there is a way. If you share a folder on the server, and drop the songs in there, you can then use "Import..." to select it. Just press Cmd-Shift-O and the dialog'll come up.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-12-2005, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
However, there is a way. If you share a folder on the server, and drop the songs in there, you can then use "Import..." to select it. Just press Cmd-Shift-O and the dialog'll come up.

Hope that helps!
It would be very smooth if one could put a folderalias from the server at the desktop of the computer that uses nettunes. You can do that - and when you throw things in it - it will automatically connect to the server. The problem is - if u do so, and want to disconnect your shared folder afterwards - osx keeps telling you you have to quit programs cause youre using something on the shared disc. Otherwise that would be soo smooth!

As it is now u have to connect from beginning each time.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
So, OSX only gives you that error if you use drag-and-drop to add the files? Ah, bugs. Gotta love them, eh?