Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2006, 11:32 PM

Gone iTunes alt white/grey lines & retrieving itunes APP from backup?

First problem is the alternating white and grey horizontal lines that show each song track info. The purpose of the lines is to help read long horizontal lines of song info, without confusing them for the info above or below...well those lines dissapeared and now it's just black letters on a white background. I played with the monitor settings and that's not the problem. Someone advised reinstalling the iTunes application.

Luckily, I have another copy of my complete library on the backup partition/drive that shows the white/grey lines, from a week ago.

I have re added applications, but I'm not sure exactly how to extract/copy just the iTunes application from the backup and transfer it to my main HD?

I think the difficulty is separating and manipulating just the itunes application without the database part, that's confusing.

I made an archive Zip of the backup itunes library, but it copied lots more info than just the application. I then put it in the shared user files and opened that itunes copy from the main HD page. Grey lines were still not there. I'm beginning to think it is some other setting/source that's making the alternating grey/white lines not show up. And suspect it will reoccur even with a new copy of the application?

I'm thinking about copying the backup to the main HD, but a little afraid. I will lose some songs and info that I have added in the last week, since the last update.

Is there a SIMPLE way to replace only the itunes with the backup copy?

Or, I may just do nothing since it doesn't seem to be that big a problem and I don't wish to goof up itunes or other stuff even more?

Thanks for any tips,
Dave