Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 PM

I want to second Chris_Porter's problem/confusion.
I too had no idea that 1-minute-ahead-of-backup was the required time for wakeup. I too reasoned that, say, using Energy Saver to wake up the computer 10 minutes before backup would be fine if the computer was also set to go to sleep only after 20min of inactivity. And I too am finding that my scheduled backups don't always happen.

In fact, sometimes the backup that should have happened at 2am instead begins when I wake up the computer when I get up in the morning at, say, 9am.

I can try setting wakeup for just 1 minute before backup, but this is an inadequate solution because I actually have 2 other quick routines that I want to have run before SD does its full backup (MailSteward and an applescript I wrote to make versioned copies of iCal and AddressBook databases).