Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2006, 11:22 PM

Big Crash after last update.

I just recently bought SD to start doing backups to a NAS drive for my G5 but Im running into a problem when I attempt to do a complete backup.

The user files backup option seems to funciton just fine but I get the mac equivalent of the blue screen of death when trying to do a full backup to a sparse image on my NAS drive. (ie. The message about holding down your powerkey and cold booting) at about 10% into a full backup.

Prior to getting SD I had a DIMM go bad which hammered one users data on this computer. I replaced both dimms in that matched pair and I also upgraded the HD and did a fresh install after a format.

So the system is as clean as it has ever been.. So Im at a loss as to the cause of the crash...

On the same note about doing a full backup.. Is it even possible to make a fullbackup from the same volume your booting from? How is that handled.. In this case this is what Im trying and might be part of the problem.

On a different matter I noticed that SD fails to mount my NAS drive about 20% of the time. I had a similar problem with a script I used to mount the NAS.. I added a couple seconds delay between getting the server and mounting it and the problem went away.. Perhaps something similar is happening here.

Thx for any help anyone can toss my way.

Eric