Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 PM

Any way to stop auto loading of volumes on startup?

First off, I love this product. Best $20 I ever spent.

Now to my issue. I have my backup image file on a remote PC which I network mount in order to access. Once I mount the remote share, I start up SuperDuper and it remembers the location of the image and mounts it. Great. The problem is that sometimes I forget to network mount my remote share and I fire up SuperDuper and it freezes trying to automaticly search and mount the backup image. The popup comes up saying that its searching for the volume but it only leaves me with the option of clicking OK which does nothing. Basicaly the whole app freezes and I have to force quit it. Oddly, after that even if I try to network mount my PCs share, Finder just hangs and is unable to mount it as well. After some time it finaly does mount the remote share. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
Anthony C.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
Glad to hear that you're having a good experience with SuperDuper!, for the most part, Anthony.

I don't know what OS version you're running, but the whole "mounting" operation is actually handled by the system. If both the Finder and SD hang in this situation, it sounds like there's something weird wrong... with OSX.

You can simulate what we do when trying to mount the image by creating an alias to the volume. Then, unmount the image & share. When you double- click the alias, it should do the same thing.

It could be useful to try sampling SD! when it's waiting like this. you can do that with Activity Monitor - do a Get Info on the SuperDuper! process, and then click sample. Then, send the resulting text tome at the support email address.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:45 PM

It does look like the issue is with Finder. I tried the test you suggested by creating an alias and it does hang trying to connect to the volume then finally returns that it was unable to.

Is there anyway I could prevent SuperDuper from auto-selecting volumes on startup?

Thanks
Anthony
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
You can choose a different volume when you quit, Anthony... but you can't currently prevent that behavior. Sorry...