Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM

Interesting Firefox "anomaly"

Folks, I'm using an OWC Neptune firewire drive to back up my Intel Imac.
I haven't registered my copy of SuperDuper yet, due to financial constraints, but I sure plan to purchase the full featured version ASAP!
I've done a couple of backups and have had no problems, however, after backing up yesterday, I decided that maybe I should boot from the Neptune this morning just to be sure all is well
While it took a few minutes to boot from the FW drive, all appeared to be OK until I opened Firefox.
Firefox opened OK, but has what can only be described as a windowshade about two inches up from the bottom of the page. It looks like the window size adjuster that we might see in the Mail preview window. It has a dot in the center, which I can grab and use to adjust the size of the Firefox window up to the top of the screen, but I can't adjust it down to the bottom of the screen to eliminate it.
Below the "window shade", in the left side of the white area that appears, is a red up facing arrow. (like you would see if you typed a shift/6) Clicking the arrow has no effect on anything.
This window adjuster only appears when I'm booted from the backup. If I open Firefox from the backup when it's just sitting on my desktop, it operates normally.
I rebuilt permissions and also run DiscWarrior on the backup. (and on my hard drive in prep for a new backup). No change. I'm guessing that something got WingleWangled (a highly technical term) during the backup, and that I'll have to do it again.
Any observations, comments or recommendations?

Thanks,

FriPilot