Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM

"To" keeps changing

I've used SD to backup an external FW800 drive to another one on the same chain for some time now (from: Jens Media to: Backup Jens Media). A bit ago (not certain when, it was on a schedule), SD started changing the "to" volume to be the same as the "from" volume. I noticed it today, and confirmed that now matter how I did the backup ("copy now" from the schedule, or "load settings" from the saved setting, the "to" volume quickly changed from the correct name to the name of the source volume: like in about 1 second). The flashing lights on the drives indicated only one drive was doing anything.

So, I cleared everything out: saved settings (there is only one), the schedule scripts (again, only one), quick SD, and restarted the iMac (intel, mid-2008, OSX 10.5.7, all current).

I started SD and select the "from" and "to" volumes from the drop downs (the correct drive names were there), select the "smart backup" option, and the copy worked correctly. Flashing lights indicated BOTH drives were doing something.

Then I saved that setting with a name. When I "loaded it" right away, once again, the "to" volume name became the same as the source volume name!!! Same thing if I set it up manually and "scheduled it" and did a "copy now."

What's going on?????

Ed Oates

(sorry if this appears twice: I thought I submitted it earlier, but it disappeared).

Last edited by edoates; 06-25-2009 at 08:11 PM.