Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 02:33 PM

SD wants to mount unused volume at startup

First, congratulations on and thank you for the update to SuperDuper!

After installing the update I encountered a problem. When I launch the application it tries to mount a disk image that is no longer being used. It fails to mount it and leaves a dialog box on the screen.

I would like to make SD! forget about this volume. I tried deleting the saved settings files and restarting the program. I also tried setting up, saving, and running the current backup process. However, I still see the same dialog at startup.

One other question while I have your ear: When I set up a scheduled backup, must SuperDuper! continue to run? In other words, will SuperDuper! accomplish the backup even if the app is not running, or must I leave SD! running all the time. (The former is the behavior I saw when I used Carbon Copy Cloner - I set up the cloning parameters and then quit the application.)

Thanks,

Dan