Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2009, 09:45 AM

SuperDuper! interrupted by Sleep

1) My son was trying to sleep in the room where my SuperDuper! backup was running. The drive head movement noise was keeping him awake so he got up and put my Mac to sleep! (ARRRRGHHHH)

This morning I woke the Mac up from sleep and SuperDuper! continued. Is this OK? Can SuperDuper! handle this type of interruption, or should I do it all over again just to be safe?

2) Incidentally, I have a couple of suggestions for future versions of SuperDuper!
o Have a checkbox that prevents the Mac from going to sleep.
o Activate a SuperDuper! screensaver or something that is password-protected so that other people can't use the Mac while SuperDuper! is running. (Sort of like the curtain in Apple Remote Desktop.)

3) While I'm here I just want to take the opportunity to thank you for an excellent product, and for the excellent support you offer. You go beyond what is expected. You are patient with all questioners (even the ones who need to RTFM). Congratulations and best wishes for 2009!

Dave P.