Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2013, 05:27 AM

Recommend a bootable portable USB3.0 drive

I've recently bought a 27" iMac running OSX 10.9 Mavericks. I also bought a Western Digital 3 TB drive onto which I've created a Superduper! Clone. However, despite lots of support from shirt-pocket I have been unable to boot from the clone on the WD drive. I've also been having problems with my offsite Carbonite backup as their software requires me to re-upload all of my data to their servers because it is now on a new computer.

Because of these problems I have decided to bite the bullet and spend yet more money on two 1TB portable USB3.0 drives. I will then make Superduper! Clones to both of these and keep one at a relatives house and then swap them over once a week so that I have an offsite backup. I obviously also want to be able to boot from the clones on these portable drives.

Could people therefore recommend some portable USB3.0 drives that don't cost too much from which my iMac will definitely boot.

Many thanks,
Al.