Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Nothing hidden, Ed, no...
OK, I've tried all sorts of things, and the SuperDuper 2.1.4 and Growl 1.1.1 is different on three different machines, to wit:

One my old G5 Quad, MailMe works as expected with Grown 1.1.1, and SuperDuper 2.1.4 (OS X 4.10)

On one new iMac Intel 2.83 24" (10.4.10), SuperDuper Growl MailMe works on GUI invoked backups, but doesn't even get registered (as observed in Console) if SuperDuper! is run via its schedule.

On the other new iMac, SuperDuper! Growl MailMe are sent for all backups, except the "From" field is SIZE=<some number: here is the text:

Subject: Preview
Date: September 28, 2007 9:35:51 AM PDT
To: xxxxxx@xxxx.xxx

This was a 100% clean installation: wiped everything and installed from scratch.

So, where does Growl pick up the "from" field? And why might SuperDuper! not be registering correctly when started from a schedule?

My suggestion to SuperDuper!: depending on Growl for notifications is OK, if Growl was more predictable. Growl 1.1.1 changed quite a few items (the LOG option is gone, and mailme operates...wierdly).

I may be a software guy, but I don't want to be diagnosing this stuff (I've got enough work to do). So, please integrate email notifications into SuperDuper directly. That way, YOU are in control of this critical operation. Right now, I have to go to each machine to verify that the backups worked on schedule (startup SD, check the log manually). In an automated world, that should not be the case.

Or, alternatively, give me post SD options for failed and succeeded instead of just one as exists now. Then I could use scripting to send the emails, put something on the screen, etc. Growl is now just too flakey and out of your control.

Eddie O