Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM

'Make volume bootable' - how to disable?

I have just purchased SuperDuper! (last night actually) after reading quite a few reviews about it.

Before I went to bed I set SD to use the 'Backup - User Files' option and sleep my MacBook Pro at the end of it - however in the third section of the SuperDuper! app window 'After Successful Copy' there is an option 'Make (volume_name) bootable'. I do not want to make the volume that I am copying my data to bootable as I have small external laptop hard drive which I am using to make a bootable copy of my entire system. According to the manual if you use the 'Backup - User Files' option, the bootable option should be turned off but having just the status of the backup job this morning SD has ticked that option as done!!!

How do I turn it ('make bootable' option)off? I have scoured the menu and options, also scanned through the forums to make sure I haven't asked a question that has been asked before and have not been able to find an option/menu item to turn it off!