Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2007, 09:05 PM

Unhappy Macbook Pro 2.16gHz 15" freezes when superD copying

I'm sorry this is long.. I felt I needed to give the detailed info that follows:

I have used SD with success from my imac G4 to my simpletech 80g USB external. I have used SD with success from my Macbook Pro 2.16gHz to my USB external Maxtor one touch.

I just bought a "G" drive from the local mac store. 250g, 7200rpm, Firewire. I hook this up to the macbook pro, and I hook up the the Simpletech SimpledrivePS USB drive to the macbook also. I want to copy from the "G" drive to the Simpledrive using the macbook since the macbook can handle the simpledrives usb 2.0.

On all attempts to use SD to copy from the "G" drive to the simpledrive through the macbook.. my macbook freezes after about twenty to thirty minutes. It did this four times before I gave up. Super Duper is still running.. but no verification and no copying happening. I gave it about 15 minutes to start doing something each time.

After I stop SD.. I can't eject any of the external drives. I drag them to the trash.. but they won't unmount. Nothing happens. I can't shutdown or restart the computer either. It freezes. I have to hold down the power button to get the machine off. When I do a relaunch of Finder.. the menu bar area of the screen goes out of whack.. looking very 'off' and all items on the desktop dissappear.

This happened in the same way the four times I tried this last night. If you can please help. I am stunned to be having trouble with the macbook pro. thanks.