Shirt Pocket Discussions  
    Home netTunes launchTunes SuperDuper! Buy Now Support Discussions About Shirt Pocket    

Go Back   Shirt Pocket Discussions > SuperDuper! > General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2007, 10:16 PM

HELP!! Automated Backup...

Hello,
I am using the newest version of SuperDuper on a MAC and am running into problem I just can't figure out! We are backing up to a Windows 2000 server, and it will only work if a manually mount the drive. I have set up a scheduled task and it fails every time when trying to mount the drive. So I created an AppleScript to mount the drive (Also added it to Startup apps - but doesn't work well since this user always uses sleep, and the drive seems to magically disappear by itself <ARGH>), and I have to have the user run that before the backup starts. I would have assumed that the "Run Script" function would have run the script before it tried mounting any drives (Which fail if the Windows Share is not mounted already <ARGH>), but it does not.

Am I missing something here?! Please tell me I am, I have been unable to give the customer a reliable backup solution for some time now (We have bought 6 licenses for the product, and I can't get any of them to backup consistently - Although the others do better because they are not mobile like this user).

Thank you for your time...

Bill Bushong