View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to gryphonent Send a message via AIM to gryphonent
Dave,

Can you give any indication as to when the scheduling feature in SD will be improved? Roadmap or timeline?

I can see various posts here in the forums addressing this issue through AppleScripts and other helpers... but truth be told, I would expect SD to do these jobs out of the box! Especially given the price level this app is sold for. I’m not a technophile and have switched to SD for ease of use. However, since purchasing the app it has not been reliable when it comes to running scheduled jobs. Today I had the chance to be present at my Powerbook when the 11AM weekly backup sessions was skipped yet again. This is a serious shortcoming of SD and as a previous user of the more complex SynchronizePro! I start toying with the idea to return to this app or find yet another backup solution.

Don’t get me wrong, I like SD and appreciate your support and app... but it just doesn’t run scheduled jobs as it should. And this is a MUST! Also, if scheduled jobs don’t run for whatever reason, then they should kickstart the next time the computer is switched on and the backup drive is present.