View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:33 AM

Send a message via ICQ to gryphonent Send a message via AIM to gryphonent
Smart Scheduling?

I’m running a customized backup script, so I’m not told when the last successful backup was running as SD only provides this information on the preinstalled scripts.

Today I was booting my Mac two minutes later than the scheduled weekly backup... and nothing happened. When looking into the schedule it said that the next backup would run the following week. No mentioning of the fact that one backup was just skipped because I was two minutes late in switching on my computer. No pop-up message notifying me of that fact. Whether SD is open or not. No option asking me to schedule for next week or run now, slightly later than scheduled originally (but warning me of the fact that no backup was made).

As my Powerbook is not always on I need to rely on that weekly backup, and if SD is not smart enough to handle this and do the thinking... what is the schedule good for then? Quite honestly, SynchronizePro was far advanced in this sector and reading the forum messages here it seems I’m not the only one wishing for a somewhat better scheduling solution than what is presented at the moment.