View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to dnanian
I'm not trying to argue: I just want to make sure you understand our position.

We spend a lot of time testing and ensuring that we do the right thing when we copy. We obviously have a high regard for data integrity, and spend considerable effort ensuring that we do the right thing, and the software is never released to make a date: it's released when it's been thoroughly tested.

We have internal tools that do careful comparisons of source and destination to ensure we're doing the right thing, and we don't release versions that don't pass our extensive battery of tests.

Building those tools into the main application doesn't really offer any benefits. If we ensured we do the right thing beforehand, then it's going to do the right thing. If we didn't, we'd have made a mistake in both the comparison/testing tools AND the program. And thus, you wouldn't see the problem when you relied on our own tools to verify a copy.

If you're concerned about this, I'd suggest finding a comparison/verification tool from a different author -- that way, you'd get some "independence" when looking at the files, thus isolating yourself (at some level, at least) from any algorithmic issues that would effect both sides of our own implementation.