View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 10:03 PM

Thanks,
Yes, believe it or not I read FAQ before asking questions. Not that i understood anything
Saw about how to get the Maxtor button to work. So the template is there should I get inspired.

Seems like a lot of work to get one button function to work, but I've used terminal commands little.
If I read it correctly, one can only select one set of volumes for instant Push Button backup.

I'll stick with the easy to navigate Super Duper menu and just clicking "Copy Now" for an instantaneous back up if needed.

Selecting any two volumes and "backup now" is very simple and much more flexible.

Thanks so much for all the assistance it's been very helpful to get some hand holding while setting up a backup plan for the first time. I'm sure there's lots more to glean searching around the FAQ and posts.

Feel like Super Duper basics are all handled for succesfull automatic back ups.

Also there were good revues on Version Tracker, I checked those out first, before purchasing your back up sw.
I even tried out some other backup software, in order to get a little perspective, but it got confusing. More or different options doesn't make something better.
Why mess with other backup apps when Super Duper is easy to understand, has plenty of useful advanced options like sandbox, works for exactly what i need, and has such excellent support?

-
Dave