Thread: Sandbox
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Sandbox

Have been using SD for a couple of months and have not yet used Sandbox however I can see that it would be smart to do so.

When I set up my LaCie 500 gb external I partitioned it as follows: 320 GB (for SD) and 145 GB (for future needs). I have an iMac with 320 GB.Have used approximately 81GB to-date.

1st question:

Reviewing the manual for using Sandbox, it appears to me that my partitions on the external LaCie would be fine and I could use Sandbox on the smaller (145 GB) partition. Since that's done already, I wouldn't have to re-do the partitioning would I?

2nd question:

Reading the section(page 59) on partitioning. I think it is telling me to partition my iMac HD as well! The manual says "partition the original drive." Yipes! I would obviously lose everything that's on it now, depending upon the cloned SD to boot up and run everything that was on the HD. Why would I have to do that? I guess I don't understand even after reading and rereading the Sandbox instructions.

Could use some simple explanations before i get into something that I'm not sure of...

Many thanks,
Tuni