View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Smart Updating went south after running Diskwarrior

I ran Diskwarrior on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.6.8 - I didn't find any issues, but I replaced the directory anyway.

Right afterwards I attempted to Smart Update a previously made DMG sparse bundle clone of the MacBook Pro and SuperDuper got stuck while attempting to perform the Smart Update.

I've been able to Smart Update the DMG clone without issue until I ran Diskwarrior on the laptop. Come to think of it, I've never run Diskwarrior right before performing a SuperDuper Smart Update before either.

When I tried to stop the process, my Finder crashed and wouldn't restart. Also SuperDuper wouldn't stop and when I quit it it said it would leave the clone in an unknown state. I was finally forced to hold down the power button to shut down the computer.

Lesson learned. I will never run Diskwarrior on my computer right before attempting to Smart Update a SuperDuper clone of it.

I found this thread and figured I would chime in so others become aware of this potential issue. I'm now going to create a new clone since I figure there's a good chance my current clone is damaged.