View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
You can boot the Leopard DVD and restore from Time Machine right from the install, though. It's not a bad substitute for now.
I, for one, am patiently waiting for SuperDuper. I'd rather have it right and reliable than learn that there are problems when I most need it. I keep checking for an update, but I trust that there are good reasons why it is not yet ready.
Thanks for the tip about booting into the Leopard DVD to restore from Time Machine.

My concern to have a bootable back up on a external HD relates to the possibility that the computer's HD goes belly up. That happened to me a few months ago, and I could run my laptop from the external FW HD, until I got a replacement HD, because I had a bootable backup.

I am also waiting for SD. On 11/18/07, I e-mailed David:"As a registered user of SuperDuper!, I really appreciate your concern, not to release a Leopard compatible version before you are through with checking and testing. Especially when Leopard seems to be, yet, in some kind of transition/waiting mode."

I have not changed my mind since then, and when I post here about SD, I'm not prodding or complaining, I am just letting off steam (worry, weary, and somehow wary too).