View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justG View Post
Given the reports I've read about the integrity of CCC's clones and smart updates being called into question over time, it's clear enough to me that the time Shirt Pocket are investing into making SD! rock-solid is not time squandered.

We've had blog updates and have some indication of the snags that Shirt Pocket are encountering. I think it's been made pretty clear, at least to my satisfaction, that they're not sitting on their laurels and getting a laugh out of making us wait. I'm impatient too (my first post on these forums, embarrassingly enough, was to request an ETA), but I think that wondering "if" a Leopard update is coming, when we know it is, is kind of uncalled for.

I don't mean to cause anyone any offence, but as one who visits these forums daily (and therefore sees similar sentiments constantly articulated), I just think we should lay off 'em for a bit. If I thought we could speed development along by wielding a cattle prod, I'd be first in line to do so. =]
Before I subscribed to this forum, I have been in contact by e-mail with ShirtPocket, mentioned CCC, and expressed my total confidence in ShirtPocket, while waiting for the release of a SD Leopard compatible version.

I am not using CCC as a cattle prod, just mentioning that it has worked for me. I'll be more specific: it has worked for me when performing an erase and clone backup. I didn't try CCC's smart updates, because I know there are still questionable.

To the point: I'll stop wondering "if" an update is coming, when that update is released. . I never asked, and I am not asking for an ETA.