View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Tony -- honest question here: what part of the warnings that came up were unclear?

I try to warn in three places (not counting the documentation: the Options page, under the During Copy method; the "What's going to happen?" section of the main window, which explains what'll occur; and the warning that comes up when you click "Copy Now", which tries (again) to emphasize what's going to happen.

Where did you feel it implied it was going to "create a folder on the drive for the backup"?
I've been using SuperDuper for a long time for imaging my internal drive. I think the idea of a folder was more something that I assumed. As I said, I don't blame the application or the developer, at all. I think that sometimes you get to running on auto pilot and don't pay any attention to the words.

I guess what might have saved me was if it had done a check on the drive to see if it had previously used it for a back up. If not, have a big pop-up that says, "You are about to erase everything on Drive XXXXXX. Are you sure you want to do this?" Then, it gets to be a pain for people who know what's going on. Maybe a check box to disable the warning?

Tony