View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 09:56 AM

I'm very new to netTunes, as I have just started evaluating the various iTunes remote control solutions. I've got a G4 Cube connected to our stereo to act as an MP3 server. I thought that a combination of iHam and iRye and VNC would do what I want, but iHam and iRye choked once I copied a bunch more CDs onto the Cube yesterday.

I tried netTunes for 20 minutes, and it seems to do everything I absolutely need it to do, but here is my wish list for "nice to haves":

1. Access to the iTunes menu bar to get at functions that are not available with simple click on the screen. I am using OSXVNC and VNC Dimension to cover this one, but it would be nice to do it all in one program.

2. Ability to see the list of songs in the current playlist even if the visualizer is running.

3. Ability to edit song info on the current song (i.e. rating, genre, comments, etc) even if the visualizer is running.

I realize items 2 and 3 are not possible using the way that netTunes currently works - i.e. it transmits the screen image.

I'll continue to evaluate the different remote control options, and if netTunes wins, I'll register.