View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 06:05 AM

Hi Dave,
I got myself a brand new retail hdd this afternoon and currently i am trying to do the backup again. I still dont know whether the problem stemmed from the hdd itself, the external enclosure's chipset, or my mac. It is interesting to note that moving the external drive that was plugged in one of the USB ports @ the back of the mac box to the front USB port, delay the crash event quite a bit. Although all usb n firewire ports @ the back of the box are used, i am not sure if my mac is overloaded with external peripherals causing this I/O problem.

In any case, SD is currently backing up to the new hdd. So far so good, but it has only been 5 minutes. I also noticed the following output from the system.log: "ComputerName kernel[0]: jnl: flushing fs disk buffer returned 0x5" every few seconds. Is this a normal behavior? i googled, yahooed, and msned it, but nothing comes up from the string.

1 more thing, your mentioned on your last response "...SD runs at high level, just copying files using standard OS calls...". I thought i cannot simply cp folders from the source to the destination just like that due to the structure and so on. I might misunderstand you.

Best Regards,
-y0ha