View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:33 AM

Question SuperDuper and Retrospect

My situation:

I have a 160GB internal and a 160GB external firewire drive. I installed OS X 10.4 (only the essentials) onto external and updated to 10.4.2. I use Retrospect Express (which bundled with the external drive) for backup and keep the Backup Sets on the external drive of course.

I can boot off the external. I installed Retrospect itself and a few disk untilities (e.g. DiskWarrior) onto this external which they're also installed onto internal.

My disastery plan:

If the internal won't boot in the future, I will startup from external and try to repair internal. If I cannot repair, I will reformat the internal and restore from Retrospect.

Next to reading excellent reviews about SD, I consider to use it. But I might be still using Retrospect to keep multiple versions of documents, images ... in case of I need them.

On the external drive there is a folder named 'Retrospect Backups' and I keep the Backup sets in this folder. This folder is on the top path of external drive. (not in any other folders e.g. Documents)

So, the question is: While there is already this folder and OS X essentials installed on the external drive, what kind a copy, won't delete the 'Retrospect Backups' folder? Except this folder, everything should be the same as the internal (users, applications etc).

Thanks in advance.

Cuneyt.