View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
Building those tools into the main application doesn't really offer any benefits. If we ensured we do the right thing beforehand, then it's going to do the right thing. If we didn't, we'd have made a mistake in both the comparison/testing tools AND the program. And thus, you wouldn't see the problem when you relied on our own tools to verify a copy.
Thanks. I understand your position, but very strongly disagree with your opinion and logic here.

Obviously, you rely and trust your verification tools and consider them very valuable to you. So, it makes little sense for you to turn around and say they would have little or no value to anyone else.

Do you think you are the only person concerned with matters of data integrity?

How do you think other people would want to trust your software, if you don't even want to make available tests to verify the integrity of its copying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian
If you're concerned about this, I'd suggest finding a comparison/verification tool from a different author -- that way, you'd get some "independence" when looking at the files, thus isolating yourself (at some level, at least) from any algorithmic issues that would effect both sides of our own implementation.
Of course.

In part, my questions are related to resolving differences in results of using various other tools, both to perform copying tasks and verification tasks.
________
Fz6

Last edited by stevea; 03-10-2011 at 11:47 AM.