View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnanian View Post
Yes, looks like

Code:
/Users/sundaram/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/default/op2jc1y7.slt/downloads.rdf
which is part of your Mozilla profile, needs to be removed. The User's Guide "Troubleshooting" section goes through the steps you need to follow to diagnose this kind of thing...
Thanks dnanian. Doing this for the first time, I was reluctant to do that on my own initiative (deleting a file like that-not sure what it would end up with) and whether subsequently I would get several files one by one like that (still could happen) and I would need to delete them all which could affect some major application (mozilla may not be such a problem as if I downloaded it again, it should install clean files). Anyway, I guess if a specific sofware file is corrupted, I would have to remove it.

In this case, as you have suggested, I followed the Troubleshooting guide and tried to copy the file and it did not work; so I have deleted it and I am trying to make a new clone. Will update how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have now registered SD hoping to use all the advanced features and support further development.
Thank you