View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 03:40 PM

When the system booted up for the first time it was reading off the the external HD. I think I dragged and dropped the external HD to the Internal HD. Then the files started transferring...an Apple window came up and said something like "Library could not be copied because of permissions" Stop or continue? I selected continue, the same thing then came up with "system could not be copied" Stop or continue? I assumed that after more files copied something would pop up asking me for a password that would allow those two files to copy. After everything that could copy did, there was more space available on the internal than the external and when SD copied onto the external HD it said there were 290,000 files but when I copied external to internal, only 140,000 files copied.

When I unplugged the external HD, then the error started. When I installed OSX basic install, it would never ask for the second disk, it would give me that same weird error with "panic, debugger" thing. I did a custom install and left off the printer drivers and language pack and then was able to install osx.

Now I have my old hard drive on this external hard drive, how do I get my settings and files onto the new internal hard drive?